9 Logo Types! Choose the Best One for Your Business
The logo is a basic or could say the most obvious part of a business visual identity, and choosing the right type among popular logo types could help your business to be recognized among your targeted audience. However, all logo types are used to represent your business, as it is the most important element of your brand, moreover, the first thing that people notice when they see anything related to your work. Today, we are going to clarify to you the logo types term, why it is important to choose carefully, and the most important logo types you should choose among.
What Is Logo Type?Logo type is the concept you use or choose to present the final outcome of your logo and general visual study. The logo types are usually the main element of the visual identity, and other elements evolve around it, moreover, the logo is a must-used item on all the related details to your brand. Like the actual store floor, packaging, employees’ uniform, social media campaigns, and all other digital marketing channels.
Why Choosing a Logo Type Is the Most Important Step?Choosing the right logo design is important due to its role in delivering your brand’s message, achieving brand awareness for your company in the market, and standing out from the competition. Logo types help to create a recognizable and memorable presence that customers will associate with your brand which will boost your brand awareness effectively, moreover, the right logo type adds a sense of professionalism to your branding, making your business look more legitimate. Also, the logo type works to build a strong emotional bond between customers and your brand with a positive visual experience consisting of colors, fonts, and other design elements that represent your brand’s values. All of this will help you gain loyal customers and reach new customers with a good and effective first impression.
9 Types of Logos with Popular Examples:Here are the most known and used logo types by companies all over the world:
1. Wordmarks Logo:Also known as logotypes, and could be defined as a type of logo that consists of only words, usually the company name or slogan written in a distinct, and stylized font. Wordmarks are best to be used for established companies with a strong name that will be the base of all their digital marketing strategies or when rebranding a well-known name. Moreover, when wordmarks are done correctly, the letters and font style create an instant relationship between the company name and its distinct look and feel, which makes it easy to remember. Famous Examples: Google, Airbnb, and Disney.
2. Letterforms Logo:Letterforms are typographic logos that use only one or two initials from the owner’s or company’s name, product, or service. Letterform are great to use for companies trying to create a chic and timeless look. On the other hand, they are also great for companies with long names that need to be abbreviated in a visually appealing way to be more rememberable for people at the first sight. Famous Examples: BOS, BMW, and HP.
3. Monogram Logo:Also known as Lettermarks, this logo type could be identified as a logo where the company name is combined into one single logo element with only the initials of the name. Lettermarks can be amazing for corporates with ambitious branding goals, that want to empower their name concept, moreover, want their logo to represent their brand with a unique look and feel. Furthermore, Lettermarks are also great for businesses that want to imply luxury and sophistication with their logo design. Famous Examples: IBM, LG, and ESPN.
4. Logo symbols:Brand marks or pictorial marks are simple designs or illustrations that are used to characterize a brand or company, more than that, this style is used to strengthen the company’s core values and mission. These logo types could come in a variety of shapes and colors to convey a range of emotions, however, creating an effective logo symbol choice that adds to your visual elements and improve your brand identity requires a careful blend of shape, color, and concept. Famous Examples: Pepsi swirl, Twitter bird, Starbucks siren, and Burger King crown.
5. Combination Marks Logo:This Logotype combines two or more types of logo designs to present a creative design and empower the brand concept effectively. So, if you are designing a logo for a company and aim to combine different elements from the visual identity into the logo, then the Combination marks logo is your perfect answer. Moreover, this type also works great for cases where you need to emphasize the importance of the brand name and/or product with the logo design. Famous Examples: McDonald’s, Coca-Cola, and Microsoft.
6. Abstract Logo Marks:A type of logo that uses abstract shapes and lines in the designing process, to end up with a unique shape that empowers the professionalism of the organization. When planning to design a logo that speaks to your audience without using actual words then abstract marks logo is a great option to work by. On the other hand, these logo types can also be used to create a unique and memorable logo design that is stuck in people’s minds and could consider a trend in the last couple of years. Famous Examples: Nike, Twitter, and Adobe.
7. Mascots Logo:A brand mascot is a character or figure that is used to create an emotional connection with your brand audiences, moreover, recent studies showed that emotional connections with brands help boost the measures of your digital marketing effectiveness. However, although this logo type can be helpful in advertising and marketing your business, and can create a unique identity for your company, but it is important to make sure that the final logo study result is something people can relate to. Famous Examples: Kool-Aid Man, Lou Seal, and Roxy the Fox.
8. Emblems Logo:Emblem logos use text or typography to create a visually bold design for your brand or organization. As this logo type helps present your brand with a professional and trustworthy image, leading to gaining people’s trust. Next to the fact that emblem logos are also helpful in imprinting your company name into the customer’s memory forever, which is really effective for social media campaigns and honestly all marketing campaigns. Famous Examples: Harley-Davidson, Adidas, Volkswagen, and Burger King.
9. Dynamic Marks Logo:Dynamic marks are trademarks that go beyond the words and logos of a company to simplify its vision, values, and mission in the best way. Although, Dynamic marks can be abstract designs or representational figures, yet, it is important for companies to choose a dynamic mark that reflects their brand image and will be eye-catching for customers. Famous Examples: Twitter, Mastercard, Starbucks, and FedEx Logo.
Unique Tips to Select the Right Type of Logo for Your Business:Now, it is time for our professionals’ tips to help you choose the best among popular logo types for your business:
- Consider your industry, goals, vision, mission, and targeted audience.
- Think about colors, fonts, symbols, and other elements that can help your brand identity to stand out amongst competitors.
- Study your market competitors and note the elements that help their logos to be successful in the market, in other words, know what your market likes.
- Do brainstorming sessions to find the best way to deliver your business’s mission and values through your logo.
- Make sure, and this is more than essential in 2023, that your logo is usable in digital, print, and other media formats.
- Create a logo that is recognizable and appropriate for your business’s values.
- Consider giving the logo a tagline to help customers recognize it better.